University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) is the largest among Hamburg's hospitals with around 80,000 in-patients being treated each year there. In addition, approximately 260,000 out-patients as well as 113,000 emergency patients are treated annually. University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf is one of the most modern hospitals in Europe with interdisciplinary team of highly qualified doctors, state-of-the-art medical technology and IT, and innovative patient friendly architecture.
Like most university hospitals, the UKE offers a complete range of treatment options for patients. At the same time, the UKE is known for its extensive R&D and applying new approaches for diagnosis and therapy.
The range of medical care extends from overall diagnostic service to highly specialised and complex treatments necessary for complex, rare and chronic syndromes - e.g. muscle diseases, blood coagulatory disorders, heart rhythm disorders, impaired vision or obsessive-compulsive disorders. Patients with complex diseases or cancer requiring a comprehensive treatment benefit from the interdisciplinary cooperation within the UKE. A wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic treatment options is available at the UKE for metabolic diseases, allergies and neural diseases.
Departments at University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf:
- Center for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine
- Center for Obstetrics and Pediatrics
- Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology
- Center for Clinical Neurosciences
- Center for Oncology
- Center for Surgical Sciences
- Center for Psychosocial Medicine
- Center for Radiology and Endoscopy
- Center for Transplantation Medicine
- Center for Dental and Oral Medicine
- Center for Diagnostic
- Center for Experimental Medicine
- Center for Molecular Neurobiology
- University Heart Center
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Health Care Center
- Breast Center
- German Center for Addiction Research in Childhood and Adolescence