Krankenhaus Waldfriede is an academic teaching hospital of the Charité – University Berlin with an almost 90-year tradition of providing state-of-the art health care. It is a member of the WHO International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and a co-operation partner of the Florida Hospital Adventist Health System in Orlando, Florida, USA.
The medical center’s professional staff is multi-lingual and well experienced about the various cultural backgrounds of the international community in Berlin. Krankenhaus Waldfriede has had an excellent reputation within the English-speaking community in Berlin. For many years the hospital was a service provider for the United States Allied Forces. It is currently a referral hospital for the diplomatic missions of several embassies and also provides medical care for foreign patients from abroad.
Medical Services provided:
- Anesthesiology: Intensive Care and Pain Therapy
- Surgery: Minimal Invasive, Endocrinologic and Visceral Surgery, Breast Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Internal Medicine: Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Pace-maker Implantation, Diabetes Treatment and Management
- Radiology: Computer Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imagery (MRI)
- Medical Check-up
- Health Promotion: Weight Management, Nutrition Counselling, Smoking Cessation, Fitness, Exercise and Relaxation
- Physical Therapy
- Chaplaincy: Crisis Intervention, Support in Bereavement