Enlarged prostate Thulium laser treatment
The enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is one of the most common illnesses in man. More than 40% of men above 50 years of age suffer from some form of BPH. First symptoms are frequent urination combined with decreased urine flow, getting up at night to urinate, incomplete bladder emptying and urine incontinence.If symptoms do not improve in response to medications or any heat-based treatments, the benign prostate enlargement is to be removed either through the “gold standard” surgery (transurethral resection of the prostate − TURP) or through a less invasive laser therapy − holmium laser enucleation (HoLEP) - utilized for larger glands, holmium laser ablation (HoLAP), photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP) or Thulium laser 200W - the most modern technology nowadays.Thulium laser, a high-powered laser is inserted through the urethra to precisely and instantly vaporize excess prostate tissue. Thulium laser is considered one of the most successful and lowest risk solutions for a number of reasons:
- The procedure takes about 45 to 60 minutes and is practically bloodless; due to the minimal risk of bleeding, Thulium laser is also suitable for men on oral anticoagulants − aspirin, coumadin (Warfarin), or clopidogrel (Plavix).
- Most patients return home a few hours after the procedure, usually without a need for a catheter, and can return to normal, non-strenuous activities within days. Strenuous activities can be resumed within 2 weeks.
- Immediate relief or symptoms
- Man’s sexual function is not affected.
- Repetition of the symptoms in patients treated with Thulium laser has not been observed for at least 3 years.
Why have Thulium laser treatment of enlarged prostate in Bulgaria?
- Save money and benefit by the best technology
- Experienced urologists in Bulgaria
- No waiting list
- Quick and non-traumatic procedure
- Rapidly overcome the unpleasant complaints connected with BPH
- Immediately return to your normal daily activities
- Laser desobstruction in cases of prostate carcinoma
- Short direct flights to Sofia from major European airports.
MEDSPA will be glad to arrange your Thulium laser treatment in one of the leading Bulgarian clinics in urology with the most renowned specialist in the area - Dr Ilia Kalchev. We will take care of all the formalities and paperwork to help you have a successful Thulium laser procedure without any stress.